Quick, Easy, Delicious Dinner Recipe with Quinoa
First off I want to clarify something: I am not exactly a super-chef. In fact, I’m somewhat of a novice in the kitchen and as such I feel the need to share simple recipes (that taste good and are healthy) when I come across them. The following recipe is for 3 types of people:
- Those who “don’t have time” to cook
- Those who don’t like to cook (valid point!)
- Those who are looking for ways to add new and healthy foods to their diet
Here goes…I call it Zesty Quinoa Stew!
What you need:
- 2.5 cups of water
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable soup broth
- 2 cups of quinoa
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2 cups black beans (hydrated or from a can)
- 1.5 cups chunky salsa, to taste
- 1 ripe but firm avocado, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach (chopped/shredded)
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- In a large pot heat broth and water over high until it comes to a boil. Add quinoa. Drop heat to medium-high. Cook (still boiling) 15 minutes.
- Add salsa. Stir. When it comes back up to a simmer, kill the heat.
- Add diced avocado, diced peppers, chopped spinach . Stir gently. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4-6 people