Hot and Spicy Black Bean Roll-Ups
These Black Bean Wraps are Easy, Healthy and Delicious
This is another one of my favourite “go-to” recipes that I’ve adapted from the one my sister-in-law gave me a few years ago. These black bean wraps are the perfect meal to make when you’re craving something hearty but want to keep it vegetarian and on the healthier side. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Hot and Spicy Black-Bean Rollups
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 medium red peppers
- 2 tsp fresh chiles
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (or ketchup)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4-6 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups grated white cheddar
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350C.
- In a large pan, saute onions, garlic, oregano, cumin and chiles in olive oil until golden brown. Add in chopped red peppers and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add in beans, water, vinegar, and tomato paste. Cook until beans are very soft and begin to break. Add in ground pepper.
- On a flat surface, spread about 1/4 on the bean mixture on each tortilla. Sprinkle on some grated cheddar, then roll-up and place on the baking sheet. Plave all 4 on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Serves 4.